Monday, June 25, 2007

Lifting the Human Veil

In Christ we have boldness and access God with confidence by the faith Him. Eph 3:12

Tozer in his book "The pursuit of God" says, "Self is the opaque veil that hides the Face of God from us.” Many of us are so self-sufficient today that we barely sense the need for God. How can we tear this veil of self sufficiency today?

He goes on to say, "Let us beware of tinkering with our inner life in hope ourselves to rend the veil. God must do everything for us. Our part is to yield and trust." Often we try hard on our own to make our inner lives stronger scarcely realizing that it can be only done by the working of the Holy Spirit in our hearts and minds. All we have to do is yield and trust God to complete the work he has started.

Moses in Exodus 33:18-23 pleads with God to see his glorious presence. Yet God denied this request by saying that no one can see His face and live. Later Philip longed to see God the Father, and asked Jesus to reveal Him to them that they may be satisfied. But Christ’s words to him were, “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves (John 14: 9-11).”

If we yield ourselves to Jesus, He will lift this veil of self that separates us from God, and restore us into an abundant life in the glorious presence of His mercy and grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us submit ourselves to God so that he can remove all our self will and help us to see him. In the oldtestament times people were scared to look at God directly. Since Xt came down we have the previlege to look at him and not die.Disciples and all people could look at him and not die. Not only that but could abuse him and spit on his face and contiue to live in the world.It is a mystery.