Saturday, July 02, 2005

Cup of Cold Water

Cup of cold water 
 What a joy it is to drink a cup of cold water on a hot day. Jesus said that we will be rewarded even for offering a cup of cold water to one of His least of followers. Is it not amazing that even our small deeds of kindness done out of love will be recognized by God. 

 Mathew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

2 comments:

C. S. Lewis said...


“To get even near humility, even for a moment, is like a drink of cold water to a man in a desert.”

— C. S. Lewis

Mother Teresa said...


You and I, we are the Church, no? We have to share with our people. Suffering today is because people are hoarding, not giving, not sharing. Jesus made it very clear. Whatever you do to the least of my brethren, you do it to me. Give a glass of water, you give it to me. Receive a little child, you receive me. Clear.
Mother Teresa