Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Others

Paul encourages us to shift the focus of our lives from ourselves to others. Who does Paul mean when he says others??... Friends and Enemies. As Christians we are encouraged to love not just our friends but our enemies as well. As we become more Christlike, our love for our fellowbeings will draw us into a living relationship with God. This is very simply expressed in this anonymous verse

I sought my God, My God I could not see.
I sought my soul, But my soul eluded me.
I sought my brother, And I found all three.

Philippians 2: 4-5 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Help us Lord to think of others , friend or foe and be concerned about them.Thank God for reminding us to search for others in need than search for you.When we serve others we serve you.